Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Journey Begins...











riting has always been something for me.  I know that sounds like an unfinished thought.  I wanted the end of that sentence to read "...something I enjoy" but that's just not quite true.  The fact is, writing is hard.  Writing is work.  Writing is elusive.  Writing is frustrating.  But having written is oh so satisfying.  And this is the rub, so to speak.  While I enjoy the look of my words on a page, the satisfaction of seeing my thoughts and ideas incarnate, the real act of putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) is a struggle.  The title of this blog comes from Lord Byron's quote:

"But words are things, and a small drop of ink, falling like dew, upon a thought, produces that which makes thousands, perhaps millions, think."


That, for me, is the romanticism of writing; that as writers we can spur thought.  Granted, few people have read my writing, and I don't expect that this blog will lead to many more readers. But even revisiting my own words and reflecting on them has led to new avenues of thought for myself.  Through this blog I hope to not only explore my ideas through writing, but I hope to provoke thought for myself and others who may stumble upon this page.  Perhaps through thought I can push myself to new limits in my writing and hopefully discover that the journey is at least as satisfying as the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment